Friday, May 26, 2006

More bees

After a seemingly peaceful night, this morning there's no bees inside. I got out, it's raining, and I didn't see anything suspicious around the house.

In the afternoon when I returned, sky was clear; I looked at the second floor when I was still on ground floor, and - oh gee - bees flying around my flat, and in particular they seemed to get in the ventilation between the ceiling and the roof of my flat - a beehive or something inside. I was standing there looking, thinking what I should do, talking to a neighbor, and then the neighbor who's living next to me appeared (yes, the one mentioned here before). She said she has the same problem with bees, called the city council to treat them, thinking that's her problem when in fact the bees have chosen my flat. The council people told her the bees would still be mad for a few hours - although they didn't appear too mad to me; I think they are flying quite happily?

Back inside the flat, there are, well, bees. Not as many as before - yesterday's 60, today's 15, an "improvement"... I think that's because I sealed many of the spaces in the ceiling/ventilation.

So now, (1) I know where the problem is, (2) I have stopped some of their ways to get in, (3) the root of the problem is supposed to be solved. But it remains to see whether their treatment is effective. And being effective for this time does not prevent the problem re-appearing later...

And there is still a mystery. The bees inside the flat yesterday were like today's - dying. Why's that? Who treated them yesterday?

No comments: